The Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory’s Outreach Summer program is intended to increase diversity in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Our mission is to inspire tomorrow’s leaders to know, think and use Artificial Intelligence. We aim to educate students through a combination of lectures, hands-on research projects, field trips, and mentoring activities. We are committed to serving students of all financial backgrounds.
Why? The program has three main objectives:
- To simultaneously educate and excite students about the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) by providing exposure to a variety of AI topics, discussing in-depth some of the cutting-edge AI research, and exploring the societal impacts of AI.
- To foster personal growth through career development workshops, mentoring, and social events.
- To provide students a hands-on experience with real research projects in the AI Lab.
Who? The program is targeting girls who will be in 10th grade in the following academic year.
When? Details about the next iteration of the program will be posted in early 2017. Please sign up for our Google group to receive announcements.
Where? The program will take place on the Stanford campus at the Stanford AI Lab, with field trips to nearby companies and events.
What? The program curriculum will include the following:
AI Education and Inspiration
- Lectures by Stanford AI professors.
- In-depth introductions to ongoing research projects in the AI Lab.
- Field trips to local companies involved in AI.
- Lectures by experts in career and personal development.
- Small-group mentoring session with AI faculty and senior AI researchers.
- Social events with Stanford AI graduate students.
- The program highlight is a small-group research project led by AI graduate students.
- Each research project will be focused around a societal impact of AI.
- Participants will give a group presentation of their work at the end of the program.