Frame Server Module
Frame Server is responsible for grabbing images simultaneously
from up to 3 cameras from a Matrox Meteor card into an RGB image.
The server divides the RGB image into 3 separate grayscale
components and saves into shared buffer for consumption by the clients
(using mmap call).
The images from the cameras must be synchronized to the same clock.
This can be achieved by using a junction box with some specialized
cabling. One camera is assigned
to be the master and other cameras use the sync clock generated by
the master camera.
Current bugs or problems
- Cannot grab images larger than 320x480 progressive mode.
How to execute this module
- log on to owl
- make sure the external clock synchronizer is connected
to all cameras
- execute server /home/dave/frameServer/frameServer -m ::
- 9/15/97 - Initial version
Ideas for improvement
- Will using shmem instead of mmap improve speed?
- Server can grab and dump approximately 100 images per second from 3 cameras
simultaneously (or about 30 frames per sec)
David Lin / email@example.com
Last modified: Thu Oct 9 19:39:19 1997