Planner with visibility constraints using potential-like method.
Current planner maximizes the probability of seeing the target
within the disk of radius equal to the target's maximum speed
multiplied by a delta time unit.
Current bugs or problems
- Doesn't work in narrow hallway with intersection.
How to execute this module
- Log on to capri.
- cd to ~dlin/io/ViewPlanner/ directory
- run online3.iris4d demo-large.map
- 1/29/96 - Fixed bug where planner returns a plan to move robot into
obstacle due to integer truncation.
- 1/30/96 - Added absolute minimum and absolute maximum radius values to
- 10/14/97 - Modified observer reachability set to account for robot's
latest steering angle.
- 10/15/97 - Not shaky anymore after a dead-zone was added to the
- 10/21/97 - Modified planner to compute plan even when the robot is
in collision with an augmented obstacle.
Ideas for improvement
- Instead of maximizes number of target position points,
try to move the observer to a position to maximize the
target's escape distance. Uncertain if this new planner will
solve the narrow corridor into office problem.
- Use variable grid size for larger rooms.
- Use unequal weights for target position points to favor points
closer to the target.
- Use a potential field to mimic a virtual compressible link joining the
target and the observer. The link should pivot around corners.
David C Lin / firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Mon Oct 20 17:02:46 1997