Target tracking Module
Track target with front-mounted camera on the observer.
Current bugs or problems
- Tracker fails to detect beyond 75 inches.
How to execute this module
- Log on to Owl
- Make sure frameServer is running
- cd to /home/hhg_owl/demo/ directory
- run target -s -t 160
- Exported code to linux. Modified code to acknowldege the image size of
the ImageNation framegrabber for distance and angle computations.
- Added pixel filtering. January, 1996.
- September, 1997 : New tracker software written by Carlo Tomasi.
This tracker is capable of tracking both the distance and the
the orientation of the target from the camera.
- October, 1997 : Fixed bugs in tracker which loose track of target
in some specific range target orientations.
Ideas for improvement
- Use XVision library to track edges and corners to remove the ugly
- Increase resolution for the distance, especially for distances over
- Rather than straight down scanning of the pattern boundry,
if scanning with a particular angle is allowed, it would
dramatically increase the tracking distance.
- -filter N averages the last N measurements to compute the output.
Hard coded default is three.
- If at any time a new framegrabber is used, you should go to the header
file and modify some constants related with frame size.
- Currently, the tracker is unable to locate patterns further
than about 75 inches from the camera.
Hector H. Gonzalez-Banos, email@example.com
Last modified: Mon Oct 20 18:17:15 1997