Landmark Trek Demo
Current bugs or problems
How to execute this module
- Log in to Nomad20
- Make sure robotd is running as root in the background. If not, then run
the daemon as follows:
- Log in as root
- cd to /Nomad200/Nomad_robot/robot-linux???
- run robotd &
- cd to /home/hhg/robot
- Make sure robot is under a landmark.
- run Trek <float> <float> <float>. The actual
parameters are calculated
by the calibration program. Parameters change with the camera
- Log in to a SGI Indy, cd to /underdog/u1/hhg/IO++/artgallery/, then
- First version finished in February 6, 1996.
Ideas for improvement
- Add a motion planner to navigate automatically between any initial and
final landmark positions (not just consecutive ones).
- Add local collision avoidance.
- Make sure the landmark server and the robot daemon are running before
executing Trek in Nomad20.
- Trek accepts the same parameters as the io control module. You may run
the calibration program to get these parameters.
- You may attempt connection from the load option in Landmark_trek (in
the SGI) once Trek identifies a landmark for the first time.
Hector H. Gonzalez-Banos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Wed May 7 15:36:23 1997