- Book Project: Interactive Rationality. I am working with Olivier Roy on a book on the theory of rational decision making in interaction. Our aim is to highlight the foundational/philosophical issues that are coming up in contemporary "interactive epistemology," an emerging field at the intersection of game theory, logic, computer science and philosophy. We will put online the various drafts of the chapters as they are ready. Comments are welcome!
- Epistemic Foundations of Game Theory, entry for the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (with Olivier Roy)
- A Dynamic Analysis of Interactive Rationality (with Olivier Roy)
- Forthcoming in the Proceedings of LORI-III (draft, comments welcome!)
- Poster at the workshop Reasoning About Other Minds (poster, comments welcome!)
- Abstract for EPISTEME Conference, CMU (abstract, comments welcome!)
- Changing Types: Information Dynamics for Type Spaces (with Dominik Klein)
- Abstract for the Decisions, Games and Logic Workshop, Maastricht, July 7 - 9, 2011 (abstract, comments welcome!)
- Temporal Aspects of Knowledge (with Valentin Goranko)
- Substantive Assumptions and the Existence of Universal Knowledge Structures: A Logical Perspective, Olivier Roy and Eric Pacuit (under revision)
- Procedural Information and the Dynamics of Belief (expository paper for a collection of articles on Epistemology, Contextualism and Formalism: draft, comments welcome!)
- Joint Revision of Beliefs and Intentions, Thomas Icard, Eric Pacuit and Yoav Shoham
- Short paper in the Proceedings of KR 2010
- Version of the paper at NMR 2010
- Reasoning with Protocols Under Imperfect Information, Eric Pacuit and Sunil Simon, Review of Symbolic Logic, 4(3), pp. 412 - 444. (journal version)
- Dynamic Logics of Evidence-Based Beliefs, Johan van Benthem and Eric Pacuit, Studia Logica, 99(1), pp. 61 - 92.
- Journal version
- A version of the paper focused on introducing the main ideas is in: Proceedings of LORI-III, H. van Ditmarsch, J. Lang, and S. Ju (Eds.): LNAI 6953, pp. 1–27, 2011.
- A longer version of the paper combining both of the above papers is available as an ILLC Technical Report ( draft, comments welcome!)
- Voting Methods, entry for the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Games and Interaction: the Logical Perspective, Johan van Benthem, Eric Pacuit and Olivier Roy, Games, 2(1), 52 - 86
- Logics of Informational Attitudes and Informative Actions, Journal of the Council of Indian Philosophy , Special Issue on "Logic and Philosophy Today", Vol. XXVII, No. 2.
- Survey paper on modern dynamic logics of knowledge and beliefs for a collection of papers on logic and philosophy. (Paper: PDF)
- Logics of Rational Interaction, Barteld Kooi and Eric Pacuit, in Dynamic Formal Epistemology, Synthese Library, Volume 351, pgs. 5-32.
- A Dynamic Logic of Knowledge and Access, Tomohiro Hoshi and Eric Pacuit, Synthese, Volume 177, pgs. 29 - 49
- Joint Revision of Beliefs and Intentions (Short Paper), Thomas Icard, Eric Pacuit and Yoav Shoham, in Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on the Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (KR 2010), AAAI Publications, pgs. 572 - 574.
- Assumption-Incompleteness in Modal Logic, Jonathan Zvesper and Eric Pacuit, in LOFT'08 Proceedings of the 8th international conference on Logic and the foundations of game and decision theory, Editors: G. Bonanno, B. Loewe and W. van der Hoek, Texts in Logic and Games, University of Amsterdam Press, pgs. 190 - 206.
- Temporal Logics of Agency, Special issue of the Journal of Logic, Language and Information, Volume 19, Number 4, edited by Johan van Benthem and Eric Pacuit.
- Merging Frameworks for Interaction, Johan van Benthem, Jelle Gerbrandy, Tomohiro Hoshi and Eric Pacuit, Journal of Philosophical Logic, 38(5), pgs. 491 - 526
- Foundations of the Formal Sciences VI, Probabilistic Reasoning and Reasoning with Probabilities, edited by Benedikt Loewe, Eric Pacuit and Jan-Willem Romeijn, Studies in Logic 16, King's College Press.
- Logic and Intelligent Interaction, Special issue of Synthese: Knowledge, Rationality and Action, 169(2), pgs. 219 - 424., edited by Thomas Agotnes, Johan van Benthem and Eric Pacuit
- Logic, Rationality and Interaction: Proceedings of LORI 2009 edited by Xiangdong He, John F. Horty and Eric Pacuit, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Volume 5834.
- Identifying the structure of a narrative via an agent-based logic of preferences and beliefs: Formalizations of episodes from CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Benedikt Loewe, Eric Pacuit and Sanchit Saraf
- Neighbourhood Structures: Bisimilarity and Basic Model Theory, Helle Hvid Hansen, Clemens Kupke and Eric Pacuit, Logical Methods in Computer Science, 15(2), Dexter Kozen, Ugo Montanari, Till Mossakowski and Jan Rutten (eds.), pgs 1 - 38.
- An abstract approach to mistaken and changing beliefs, Benedikt Loewe and Eric Pacuit,
The Australasian Journal of Logic, 6, pp. 162 - 181.
- A General Approach to Aggregations Problems, Tijmen Daniels and Eric Pacuit, Journal of Logic and Computation, 19(3), D. M. Gabbay, G. Pigozzi, and O. Rodrigues (eds.).
Neighbourhood Bisimulations, Helle Hvid Hansen, Clemens Kupke and Eric Pacuit, In Proceedings of 2nd Conference on Algebra and Coalgebra in Computer Science (CALCO 07), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4624.
- Merging Frameworks for Interaction: DEL and ETL, Johan van Benthem, Jelle Gerbrandy and Eric Pacuit, In Proceedings of TARK 2007, Dov Samet (editor).
- Understanding the Brandenburger-Keisler Belief Paradox, Eric Pacuit, Studia Logica, Volume 86, Number 3, Branden Fitelson (ed.)
- Reasoning about Communication Graphs, Eric Pacuit and Rohit Parikh, In Interactive Logic, Texts in Logics and Games, Volume 1, Johan van Benthem, Benedikt Loewe, Dov Gabbay (eds.).
Some Comments on History Based Structures, Eric Pacuit, Journal of Applied Logic, Volume 5, Issue 4, pgs. 613 - 624.
- Paper: PDF, BIB, Official Journal Version
- Presented at The Fourth International Conference on Computational Models of Scientific Reasoning & Applications (CMSRA-IV)
Towards a Logical Analysis of Adjusted Winner. , Eric Pacuit, In Logic at a Cross-Roads: logic and its interdisciplinary environment, Johan van Benthem, Amithab Gupta and Rohit Parikh (eds.).
The Tree of Knowledge in Action: Towards a Common Perspective, Johan van Benthem and Eric Pacuit, In Proceedings of Advances in Modal Logic (AiML 2006), King's College Press, Guido Governatori, Ian Hodkinson and Yde Venema (eds.).
- Modal Logics of Negotiation and Preference., Ulle Endriss and Eric Pacuit, In Proceedings of the 10th European Conference on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (JELIA06), LNAI, volume 4160, pages 138-150, Springer-Verlag, M. Fisher, W. van der Hoek, B. Konev, and A. Lisitsa (eds.).
- First-Order Classical Modal Logic, Horacio Arlo-Costa and Eric Pacuit, Studia Logica, Volume 84, Issue 2.
- Social Interaction, Knowledge, and Social Software , Eric Pacuit and Rohit Parikh, In Interactive Computation: The New Paradigm, Springer-Verlag 2006. Dina Goldin, Scott Smolka and Peter Wegner (eds.).
The Logic of Knowledge Based Obligation, Eric Pacuit, Rohit Parikh and Eva Cogan (2006). Knowledge, Rationality and Action, a subjournal of Synthese , 149(2), 311 - 341.
A Note on Some Explicit Modal Logics, Eric Pacuit, in Proceedings of the 5th Panhellenic Logic Symposium , University of Athens, July 2005.
- Topics in Social Software: Information in Strategic Situations, Eric Pacuit, Ph.D. Thesis, City University of New York
First-Order Classical Modal Logic: Applications in Logics of Knowledge and Probability , Horacio Arlo-Costa and Eric Pacuit, in Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge: Proceeding of the Tenth Conference (TARK 2005), Ron van der Meyden (editor), pgs. 262 -- 278.
Majority Logic, Eric Pacuit and Samer Salame, in Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning: Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference (KR 2004), Didier Dubois, Christopher A. Welty and Mary-Anne Williams (eds.), pgs. 598 -- 605.
The Logic of Communication Graphs, Eric Pacuit and Rohit Parikh, in Proceedings of Declarative Agent Languages and Technologies II: Second International Workshop, DALT 2004. João Leite, Andrea Omicini, and Paolo Torroni, (eds.), pgs. 256 - 269.
- Knowledge-Theoretic Properties of Strategic Voting, Samir Chopra, Eric Pacuit and Rohit Parikh, In Proceedings of Logics in Artificial Intelligence (JELIA 2004), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, José Júlio Alferes, João Leite (eds.), pgs. 18 -- 30.