Getting Latest Code
Select the appropriate stable release from the
- Download and install Tortoise SVN below
- Right-click in directory where you want the code to be downloaded to
- Select "SVN Checkout..."
- URL (development): https://stairvision.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/stairvision/trunk
- URL (2.3 release): https://stairvision.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/stairvision/release/2.3
- Checkout directory: <YOUR_CODEBASE>
- To get Stanford projects as well, select "SVN Checkout..."
- URL (stanford projects): svn+ssh://<USERNAME>@robo.stanford.edu/afs/cs/group/stair/software/svl-projects/trunk
- Checkout directory: <YOUR_CODEBASE>\stanford
- Read the README file
- In Visual Studio, build the external projects first (open
external\external.sln). Make sure all projects (lbfgs, svm,
and xmlParser) get built.
- Build the SVL libraries (open svl\svllibs.sln). Make sure you
click each project and build it.
- If your installation on OpenCV is not in the default location (C:\Program Files\OpenCV), you will need to add the path to the OpenCV include files. Do this only if the build fails.
- Under Tools>Options, choose "VC++ Directories" from the left sidebar, and select "Include files" from the "Show directories for:" pulldown menu.
- Add the following directories:
- Program Files\OpenCV\cv\include
- Program Files\OpenCV\cxcore\include
- Program Files\OpenCV\otherlibs\highgui
- Program Files\OpenCV\ml\include
- Build the SVL applications (open svl\svlapps.sln)
- You will need to include Program Files\OpenCV\lib in the VC++ Directories "Library Files" section.
- If you're getting errors, it's probably because wxWidgets hasn't been installed (see below)
Debug libraries will compile with a "d" suffix.
Essential Software - Install these before attempting to build the STAIR codebase
- Visual Studio C++ 2005 Edition
- If you have Visual Studio C++ 2008 Edition, the project files will be converted automatically on opening. Do not check these (converted) files back into the repository, you will break the code for everyone else using VC2005.
- TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/)
- Warning. Version 1.5.0 seems to hang on some machines. Version 1.4.7 is known to work.
- Eigen (http://eigen.tuxfamily.org/)
- extract archive into $CODEBASE\external\eigen
- (you can rename eigen-2.0.1 to eigen after extracting)
- OpenCV (http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary/)
- wxWidgets (http://www.wxwidgets.org/)
- The version you will want for windows are the ones in the "msw" directories.
- wxWidgets should be installed under $CODEBASE\external\wx
- make sure you follow all installation instructions and set the #define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 1 macro in include\wx\msw\setup.h
- compile the (Release mode) static libraries in (build\msw\wx.dsw) not the DLLs
- you may have to convert the project to VS2005
- you may also have to compile twice to get rid of all errors
- Perl (http://www.activestate.com/Products/activeperl/)
Copyright © 2007-2009, Stephen Gould.