AI is an integral part of many exciting business and consumer tools such as speech recognition, semantic search, recommendation systems, machine translation, and 3D sensing in consumer gaming. The AI Lab Affiliates Program brings all of these efforts together and provides a structure for industry to engage effectively. The affiliates program represents a new era of close engagement with a small number of major companies. It supports corporate interaction through organized retreats, an Advisory Board, and informal interactions. The goal is bidirectional transfer of knowledge and excitement.
- Active engagement with faculty and students
- Invitations to all retreats, conferences, and seminars
- Custom hosted visits to Stanford for discussion of research topics
- Opportunities for informal interactions on research projects
- Networking with AI Lab researchers and corporate members
- Student recruiting opportunities
- Opportunity to establish a visiting researcher at Stanford (additional charges apply)
- Regular updates on AI Lab research results
Corporate members provide $200,000 per year of unrestricted support with an expected three-year commitment. These funds will be used to support the research activities of faculty and graduate students as well as the other programs of the affiliates program.
The AI Lab Affiliates Program participation agreement for industry members is considered executed and renewed on an annual basis upon receipt of the annual membership fee. This document may be downloaded here: AI Lab Corporate Overview
All memberships are subject to Stanford University Policies for Industry Affiliates Programs. Please see the Research Policy Handbook for details.
Joining the Affiliates Program:
Please contact Steve Eglash, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.